Thursday, October 1, 2009

HW8- Video Project Comment

Hey Charles,

It was interesting to see all the electronics you were using at once. I thought it was really funny, you're reaction to seeing yourself in the video because I think alot of people react that way and the other half are used to it. I think you probably do see yourself in third person point of view in pictures, but its different on video because you can see certain nuances in how you move that pictures don't capture.

Its interesting that you say you're hooked on all these things and you seem to be really into it. If you don't want your kids to be doing the same thing you are, would you cut back on it on your own time? Because I think kids are really influenced by the people around them and they just take it in. They learn from you and so if you use it alot they'll probably think its normal.

Your video was pretty cool and it seemed like something you would be doing normally, so it was realistic. I like that about it and you were eating while doing all that and food is always a plus.

Hey Kate,

It was interesting to see you watching tv with your cat, it was so normal and real. You seem very focused on the TV but not completely because you had your cat there. I agree that usually when we are on the computer we do not want to be disturbed or interrupted. I think its probably easier for pets to snuggle up or interrupt their owners when its something like tv, because more than one person can watch it at a time, while on the computer its just you. I wonder what pets think when they see their owner watching tv or playing computer. Its interesting that people pet their pets absentmindedly when they're doing something like watching tv.

When you were talking about the wii since I was thinking about my mom when she uses wii fit and I think its kind of funny watching her play it, because when she is running or jogging she's pumping her arms wildly and yells at the wii characters that are ahead of her. So, I agree, its pretty active in comparison to video games that only use controllers.

I liked the video cause it showed how people really interacted with a digital device in their daily lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment